Dienstag, 11. November 2014

Family is what you make of it...not only blood


So I don't have that many blood family members. So as I go through life I seem to collect people. Some stay around and some move on, but I have always found that these people are closer to me than my real family. I am fortunate that I have found people to love, and who love me, no matter what is going on.

I almost lost one of my best friends a while ago after a pretty bad living situation. It was really hard to come back from that, but I felt the need to at least try to become friends again because we are family. I am so glad I did. Looking back I think the bad times were necessary too, because now we can be friends as adults and having a growing relationship instead of just trying to hold on to what we had. I am so fortunate to have so much love in my life.

The phrase "blood is thicker than water" never really meant anything to me because I think that the "water" is often thicker since these are the people we choose to love....we are not just in a relationship with them because of the accident of birth. These are the people we fight for and do anything for, because you don't have just that feeling of obligation that "blood" often brings.



Describe